Dousman Transport Co., Inc. was founded in June of 1962 by Robert W. Southcott, after he had purchased the assets of a bus company started in the late 1940’s by Edwin and Helen Ortmann in Dousman, Wis.
Those assets included 24 buses, the oldest of which was an International Harvester dating back to 1946. The bus company was located at S2005 Main St. in the Town of Ottawa, but after it was annexed to the Village of Dousman the new address became 313 S. Main St.
Today Dousman Transport safely transports approximately 30,000 students over 20,000 miles each school day. None of this would be possible without all of the dedicated and caring employees that Dousman Transport has had throughout the years!